Skip to main content

Dresses

I love dresses and skirts. Winter makes me sad because I can't wear skirts as often (unless I want to be miserable on crossing guard duty). One of my favorite things about summer is wearing flowy skirts.

But finding dresses that fit just right is a challenge. I am not tiny, but I am short. So the dresses that are usually most flattering are pretty expensive. So imagine my joy when I saw cjane's latest post on her dear cjane blog.

She posted a link to a site called eShakti. It is amazing. They have women's sizes from 0-26, and when you place your order, they ask for your bra size and height. If you want to pay a little extra, they will ask for all your measurements and you can get custom-made clothes. I was sure that this site would be pretty expensive given all that, but no, the dresses are around $50. And they have other stuff besides dresses.

I had a lot of trouble choosing just one, but I finally went with this:


It reminds me of Leave it to Beaver. I think I may have to wear pearls with it.

One of the best parts was that after I placed my order, they sent me a gift certificate for $15. And there are no conditions; I don't have to spend like, $100 to save the money. I am so excited to get this dress. And if it is as wonderful as I think it will be, I am so excited to buy more dresses.

Comments

Linz said…
It's very, very cute. Great choice.
Sarah said…
I can't wait to hear about this dress! Did you have it totally customized with your measurements, or just the length and bust? I love that you can change the sleeves and stuff and put in your bra size. I want to hear all about your purchasing experience because I have my eye on some things now!
Whitney said…
That dress is beautiful, and I can totally see you in it. It kind of makes me want to dress shop -- I think it's been 6-7 years (?!) since I bought a dress. I've been in skirts for too long...

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…