Skip to main content

Sick day!

Today I called in sick to work. Yes, I feel a little guilty, since I'm not actually sick. But I feel that I had good reasons. First of all, I hardly got any sleep last night. I had lots of trouble sleeping, and I ended up getting up around 4 a.m. to play on the internet. I ended up talking to Dave for a while, and got an email from Chuck with the dates he'll be on leave. Well, I was so excited about Chuck that I immediately started looking for tickets to a Cubs game and planning other things we will do together. When I finally tried to go back to bed around 5, I was too excited to sleep. So I only got a few hours of sleep total, and I knew that dealing with my first graders would not be a good idea if I was tired and grumpy.
The second reason I felt justified calling in to work is that I really need to work on finding a job for next year. That is my biggest source of anxiety right now, and I need to get it resolved. It's so hard because most of the suburbs are doing their final interviews, but most city schools are just finding out what positions they'll have open. So I don't know whether to hold out for a job in the city or take a safe job in the suburbs. Hopefully I'll get something here, cuz I really don't want to go back to the suburbs.
Since the name of this blog pertains to growing up, I have something to mention about that. I have screwed myself over financially yet again. When am I finally going to get this figured out? The crazy thing is that I haven't been spending lots of money on clothes. I figure it's pointless since I'm in the process of losing weight. But two weeks ago, I had to spend $520 on my car. Then I found out Chuck was going to be in town. Since we hadn't seen each other in a long time and I really wanted to get back together, I went all out- haircut, manicure, and completely new outfit. I should have been able to just barely afford this (meaning I wouldn't buy groceries for the week). But then I messed up and accidentally made my student loan payment twice. So then I got all these overdraft fees, and I'm so screwed! My only hope is that my landlord won't cash my rent check until the 3rd. Cuz there will be absolutely nothing in my checking account till then. And I really wanted Gavin DeGraw tickets. Hopefully they won't be sold out.
Okay, that's enough complaining, because I really have had a fabulous day. And it's just money. I can't let it be that important to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…