Skip to main content

Wisconsin Dells!

Well, things have been really crazy lately, and blogging has not been at the top of my priority list. But right now I really need to be cleaning my apartment, so it seems like the perfect time to blog.

Nina invited me to Wisconsin Dells with her parents, and we had more fun than I've had in a long time. Here is a summary of our trip:

Monday: We stayed at the Kalahari, so we went to that water park on Monday. This was my first time on water slides. I have never screamed so much. That night, we went to a haunted house. It was very dark, and we couldn't see where we were going. Nina was hyperventilating and clinging to me. We got to one point where we had no idea where to go cuz it seemed like we were completely surrounded by walls. The scary voice kept saying "this way," but I still couldn't tell which way. Nina was still clinging to me and turned us around and insisted that was the way to go. I told her we had just come from there, but she disagreed. We stood there arguing for a minute, then decided to go Nina's way. Then the voice started saying, "You're going the wrong way." I bet that guy was trying so hard not to laugh.

Tuesday: We went on boat tours with Nina's parents. The jet boat tour was great. We'd go really fast, then slam on the breaks and do donuts. We all got soaked. The tour guide had a Wisconsin accent, which we thought was hilarious, especially since she kept saying the word "boat." Tuesday night we decided to go out and ended up at the bar at the hotel. There were lots of drinks and shots involved, and the next thing I knew I was dancing. I NEVER dance. But they were playing all my favorite songs. I even danced with some guys! I don't know what came over me, but it was so much fun. All of a sudden the bar was closing, so Nina and I went outside and sat at a table to decide what to do. We started talking with Wisconsin accents and were laughing so hard. I think it was at this point that we drunk-dialed Chuck and asked him to go for a bOat ride with us. Then Nina burned me with her cigarette and we kept dropping the phone. Then some random guys came and sat down. Nina and I were laughing so hard we could barely talk. They thought we were crazy. We talked for a while, then they invited us back to their room. But they were staying with other people who were sleeping, so that was stupid. So we ended up going back to our room and passing out, which was good, since it was 3:30 a.m. And those guys were pretty crazy anyway.

Wednesday: We were still drunk when we woke up. Went out to lunch and watched Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Finally we recovered enough to go to Noah's Ark. Nina met a boy at the end of the day, but that's her story to tell.

Thursday: We tried to make the most of our last day. We laid around in the sun all day and went in the lazy river. Before we left the Dells, we decided to go out for lunch. I had a major case of the giggles the whole trip, and when our waiter came over and spoke with the heaviest Wisconsin accent I have ever heard, I started laughing so hard there were tears streaming down my face. Poor Nina was trying so hard to keep a straight face, and I felt bad because I didn't want the boy to think I was laughing at him. But when he said, "Here's your Diet COke," how could I not laugh? By the time we got back out to the car, we realized that we were sunburned really bad. So it sounded like there was some great sex going on in that car as we put aloe on.

So that's my vacation. Sorry if that was too long. But it really was the perfect vacation. I forgot all about the fact that I don't have a job lined up for next year. And I was able to stop obsessing over Chuck for a few days. But now Chuck is here, or at least he should be. His flight was supposed to get in several hours ago. I'm so excited to see him, but at the same time I'm not looking forward to it. I'm not sure what "casual dating" means to our relationship. I guess I will find out during the next few weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…