Skip to main content
I don't even know where this week went. I kept meaning to blog about my fabulous weekend, and now all of a sudden it's the next weekend.

Last Friday night, I watched the royal wedding on my DVR and loved it. The music was beautiful. Her dress was absolutely gorgeous. And I really liked their old-fashioned vows. I also thought it was funny that he was going back to work on Tuesday. I heard they don't have maids at their house, either. I wonder if they're really as normal as the media makes them seem?

Saturday I got to see Paula, one of my very favorite people in the whole world, my college roommate who's been my friend for like, 11 years now. (I had a panic attack about that last weekend, thinking about how old I am and how fast that time has gone by.) It was a somewhat subdued visit, because she was really tired and had a bad cough, but we still managed to do some fun things. Her family was camping up near Sedona, so first we went to check out Jerome, this really cool artsy town on a mountain that everyone's been telling me about. There were lots of cute shops, and the chile relleno was seriously the best I've ever had. The batter was perfectly crispy, and there were pomegranate seeds sprinkled on it to counteract the spiciness. Heaven.

After Jerome, I took Paula to one of the energy vortexes in Sedona so she could absorb some good energy. Then we explored downtown a little and ended up at this shop that offered $15 aura photographs and readings. I fully believe in auras. I mean, I don't think you can argue about people giving off a certain kind of energy. Back when my brother lived at home and was constantly fighting with my parents, you'd walk into the house and you could just feel how bad it was. And I've noticed that deeply spiritual, loving people have this amazing energy that draws you to them. So I believe that energy is there, but I did not believe it could be photographed. I'm still not sure what I believe about that, but the picture was really interesting. The lady actually sighed and said, "Oh, yours is so pretty," when she first saw mine. It was all blues and purples, and my heart chakra was bright green. From this picture, she was able to comment on addiction issues, being a teacher, love and generosity, and change and new opportunities in the near future. Oh, and clairvoyance in the near future, too, which is what my psychic great-aunt was just telling me.

I asked her what happens when she gets someone with a really ugly aura, and she said that rarely happens. I wondered how people's faults show up in their auras, and she said it's the absence of certain colors that tells you their faults. For example, mine was all lovey-dovey and dreamy, so she said she could tell I lack practicality, logic, and the ability to handle details. Apparently the ideal aura is perfectly balanced.

After a quick stop at the Frank Lloyd Wright church, I dropped off Paula at her campsite. Her family is taking a two month long trip in their RV across the country. How cool is that? I think they're on their way to Iowa to see her family now.

Sunday was a busy day. I will guiltily admit that I skipped church and went to yoga instead. Then I raced over to Rachel W.'s (the Rachel who just moved here 2 weeks ago), and we went to the Cubs game. The Cubs came so close to winning, and of course, blew it at the last minute. But it was still a lot of fun. There were tons of Cubs fans there, and when people were chanting, "Let's go, D-backs" it sounded like they were saying, "Let's go, D-bags."

Sunday night I had a date with a guy from OkCupid. He was nice and decent looking, and things were going well until we started talking sports. He said he's not a sports fan, which was okay. But then he went on to say he didn't even know all the rules of football, like how scoring works, and asked me to explain fantasy football to him. The look on my face must have been bad, because he was like, "Uh oh, is that a deal breaker?" And I laughed, but inside I was thinking, "Yes, yes it is. Let's get the check." Because what kind of guy doesn't even know that a touchdown is worth 6 points? He texted me this week and wanted to see me again, and I told him I was moving back to Chicago in a few weeks, which actually may be true. I am so sick of dating.


Comments

Anonymous said…
sounds like an excellent weekend!

oh Erin... Arizona is your home! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…