Skip to main content

Canyoneering Day 3: Bryce Canyon National Park

What can I really say about Bryce? It was so crazy looking. The rock formations are called hoodoos, and most of them are concentrated in the Bryce Amphitheater, which is aptly named because it feels like you're looking out at a group of aliens or monsters or something.




My 8 mile hike on the Fairyland Loop was most uneventful, but breathtaking. It was the perfect hike in every way: perfect length, perfect weather (75 and sunny), perfect outfit (wearing real hiking clothes makes such a difference!), perfect music (Adele and Taylor Swift), perfect trail conditions (no sand!), perfect amount of people (enough that I wasn't completely isolated, so if I got hurt, someone would find me, but I'd go for long stretches without seeing anyone). There was an embarrassing moment where I was bopping along, singing along with Taylor Swift on my iPod because I hadn't seen anyone in a while, and went around a corner and came face to face with a group of hikers who were obviously laughing at me.






I thought this rock formation looked like a battleship.







I purchased an annual national park pass at Bryce. Looking forward to visiting as many national parks as possible this year!

Comments

Katie said…
Is it sad that the only thing I can think about after reading this is how much the word amphitheater looks like "arm pit heater"? Because that's how I read it and now that's all I can think about.
Anonymous said…
look at all those amazing views! you need to take a couple of your favorite pictures and frame them in your new place in the city! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…