Skip to main content

What is about to happen

So I haven't blogged in a while because I was on vacation, then my internet was down. Tonight it is mysteriously working, even though no one has been here to fix it yet.

This weekend was so fun! Saturday night, Nina and I went out to my neighborhood bar, Skylark. Drinks were super cheap and good. I liked the atmosphere too- lots of normal people, very non-pretentious. But then we started talking about how we've been wanting to go to Dave and Buster's. It seems like a great concept- everything you loved about Showbiz Pizza, but with alcohol. Well, it sucked. $5 just to get in, and the games and drinks were expensive. And there was a long line to play skee ball, which was like, the only thing I really wanted to do. There weren't a lot of people there, either. Definitely not as exciting as we hoped, but now we know. And I did learn that I can do shots of whiskey with no problem. I wanted to see if I could, because in country songs they always talk about drinking whiskey, and they don't seem to respect people who can't. Like Carrie Underwood says, "Right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink cuz she can't shoot whiskey." So I'm proud that I can. Anyway, we ended the night with amazing Mexican food at La Pasadita.

Sunday we went to a batting cage! I don't know why I have had this urge to play baseball, but suddenly it is something I'm really into. And I didn't suck that much! I would really like to go with someone who actually knows what they're doing (no offense Nina and Steph) who could give me some tips. So now I just need to work on throwing, and catching, and running.

Tonight I had my monthly volunteering at the women's shelter. At the end of the evening, one of the ladies said a prayer that really affected me. She thanked God for what he's done and what he's about to do. I realized that I need to be more thankful for what he is about to do, because he knows the plans he has for me. My steps are ordered. Sometimes it's hard to remember that with all the stupid stuff I'm dealing with right now, but I know without a doubt that God has big things in store for my life. I can just see him up there, rubbing his hands together in anticipation of how he's going to just amaze me, and thinking, "Why does she keep worrying! I clearly told her not to do that!" I just need to have faith. Even if I can get together a little faith (that whole mustard seed thing), God will take care of the rest.

Comments

sarah said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah said…
Helloooo there! It's me, Sarah! and I have news for you! I've got a blog! yay! the address is sarahlovescandy@blogspot.com. Hopefully I'll be good about making regular posts. I love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…