Skip to main content

Perfect Day With My Parents

Today my parents came to visit. When I lived at my old apartment, this was a bad scene. They would get all stressed from the city driving before they even got there and it was just not fun. But today was entirely different.

I was so excited that they were coming because my mom had never seen my apartment (I've lived here 5 months), and my dad hadn't seen it since before I moved in. They like it even more than my old place! I think they're crazy, because my old apartment was huge and beautiful, but they say this place feels like a loft, and they love the high ceilings.

After they made a big deal out of my place, we went to lunch at Lalo's, one of my favorite restaurants. They thought it was delicious, and the conversation was great. No arguing or negativity at all. And they paid.

Then they took me to Home Depot and bought me pretty plants! The orchid looks beautiful in front of my window. I think the plants "really pull the room together."

Finally, I took them on a little tour of my neighborhood, and they seemed to approve. Which was cool, because my dad usually considers everything but downtown "the ghetto."

My parents are also amazing because they bought me a new sticker for my license plate. I had been stressing about having to spend the extra money this week. I can't believe my dad even remembered it would expire this month, and it was so generous of him to buy it for me. It's not like I asked for it or anything- he just showed up with it.

So even though my parents used to make me completely crazy, I love them dearly and I'm so happy with how things are between us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…