Skip to main content

Things that are good and bad

Things that are good in my life:
  • I have friends who are always up for adventure. The reservations have been made for whitewater rafting in a few weeks, and there are plans to go to a rodeo at the end of June.
  • My neighborhood bar. Cheap drinks, non-pretentious people. I need to hang out there more often.
  • My parents. They are so understanding even though I just keep messing up with money.
  • My class. Yesterday we read the part in The Outsiders where Johnny tells Ponyboy to stay gold. They were so into it. Today we finished watching West Side Story (since it goes along with The Outsiders) and my class walked around snapping all day.
  • Grad school. It's everything I wanted it to be. I'm actually learning information that I'm applying to my job.
  • I finally found a church I like in the city.
  • My college roommate is coming to visit in a few weeks!
  • My small group is going to be reading Sex God, which makes me very happy.
  • A lady at work calls me Mary Poppins because I'm always smiling. I'm so flattered- Mary Poppins rocks!

Things that are not so good in my life that I need to stop worrying about:

  • Money. It's not like I want a lot of it. I don't care about expensive clothes and shoes- I'm happy if I can afford Target. But I love to go out and do things, and that's hard when you're broke. Also, it would be kind of nice to have a little bit in savings.
  • Church. I found a great church, but for some reason I'm not motivated to go every week. It's kind of like working out- you make excuses for not going, but then you always feel so much better when you do.
  • I decided that I want to be a reading teacher. This means taking 24 more credits. I won't be done with grad school till next April, but I want to start on these credits NOW.
  • I saw An Inconvenient Truth, and now I can't stop stressing about the environment.
  • Living alone can be kind of lonely sometimes. But just sometimes.

I hope I don't sound whiny. I just had a lot going through my head tonight and wanted to write it down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…