Skip to main content

One weekend, four parties

Friday was a crazy day! I only got a few hours of sleep Thursday night, then I babysat for four-year-old twins all day Friday. They're adorable! We played pretend. I got to be the pink Power Ranger, and then they decided my voice sounded like Princess Fiona's, so I got to be her, too. We had a great time fighting the bad guys.

Then I headed over to my friend Liz's good-bye party. She's moving back to Florida, and I'm really going to miss her! She is my favorite friend to giggle with. I think we must be really annoying to the people around us, but that's just what we do. Luckily, Florida is a place I visit regularly, so it's not like I'll never see her again.

Here is a picture of Liz, me, and Hannah on our camping trip a few months ago:

We had such a crazy time that weekend... horseback riding, going to the quilt show, skinny dipping, pitching a tent in the dark, drinking delicious chocolate peanut butter shakes from Sonic... it was great. Oh, and I can't mention the trip without sharing a pic of the Abby Menke Band:

Anyway, I digress. The point is that I will miss my friend Liz!

Party #2 was Saturday afternoon- my cousin Katie's graduation/birthday party! I got to meet lots of her friends, including a boy I think she should be dating. We watched The Untouchables, which I had never seen and really liked. I just can't believe she is 18! I still remember when she was born, and how excited I was to have another girl in the family. Here is a pic of us on Thanksgiving with our grandma:


I went straight to party #3 from the graduation party. It was a pre-wedding party for my friends Charity and Andy, who are getting married this Friday. Charity is a very dear friend of mine. We teach at the same school- I have 6th and she has 5th. Here is a not so great pic of us on Halloween:

We were Carmen and Bridget from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. We spent a long time decorating those jeans so they would look just like the ones in the movie, but you can't see that in the picture.

Finally, I headed to party #4, my brother's hotel party. He had been upset with me for a while for reasons I was unsure of, but we are okay again. I love him dearly, despite our rough patches. We have always been close, and I don't know if other brothers and sisters are lucky enough to be friends like we are. He is going through a hard time right now, but hopefully things will be straightened out within the next year after he graduates.



Well, the whole reason for this post was procrastination, which I think I've done quite effectively. But sadly, I think I'm out of things to write about, which means it's time to start on that boring research paper due tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…