Skip to main content
This weekend was wonderful because it was filled with old friends. On Friday night, my college roommate Paula came to visit! She is now married with a child and lives in California, so we don't see each other very often. She brought her sister with, and our other roommate Jen and her boyfriend Ray met us at Lalo's. We were there for hours. Then we came back to my place. Ray left and Paula's sister fell asleep, so it was just the three of us hanging out. I don't know what else to say except it was perfect. I hadn't realized how much I miss Paula until I saw her again. I didn't want us to go to sleep because that would mean she would be leaving soon. But I know she makes it out to Iowa to see her family on a pretty regular basis, so hopefully I'll get to see her again soon.

On Saturday, I went out to Naperville for my friend Carley's bridal shower. Carley and I were best friends from the time we were like, 3. I can't believe she's getting married! It makes me a little sad that we really don't see each other as much as we would like. I hadn't even met her fiance until the other day. But no matter how much time goes by, we still know each other better than most people, and that's a great feeling to have.

On Saturday night, I went to see a performance of Durufle's Requiem in Millenium Park. It was amazing! I had never been to a concert there before. I always thought the band shell was ugly, but when you're there, it's awesome. With all the silver beams criss-crossing above your head, you feel like you're in a bubble inside the city. And the grass was perfect- I was walking around barefoot. So I will definitely go back for more concerts.

Sunday was one of those wonderful chill days. I went to church at different church, one in my neighborhood. Now I'm trying to decide which one I like better, but I'll save that for another post. I went home and watched the Cubs game and read a book. It was a perfect Sunday afternoon. Then I went over to Charity's, where I lounged on her bed while she cleaned her room and we giggled about honeymoon sex. It was just like high school, except we were talking about her honeymoon. Craziness.

Anyway, the weekend was just wonderful. I'm starting to get worried though- we're about halfway through the summer. Everyone says that by the end of the summer, you're ready to go back to work, but I really don't see that happening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…