Skip to main content

25 Things

I got tagged to write this note on Facebook. I'm copying it here because I want to save it and see if these things are still true a few years from now.

1. I sleep with my kitchen light on sometimes because I watch that show, A Haunting, and it scares me to death.

2. I desperately want to be like Martha Stewart, but I hate cooking and suck at keeping up with cleaning, and my crafts almost always turn out wrong.

3. I collect vintage romance novels.

4. I play pretend a lot in my head. Like the other day, I took my little sister ice skating and pretended I was an Olympic skater. And yesterday, as I was reciting poetry to the class, I pretended I was Anne Shirley.

5. I want to live in Star’s Hollow.

6. I think Disney World is the happiest place in the world.

7. I love to embroider, but I’m bad at choosing colors. My friend has to help me.

8. I heart Barack Obama. Election night was one of the most exciting nights ever.

9. I believe that Love Wins.

10. I rarely cry about real life, but movies make me cry all the time. I hardly ever watch movies that don’t end happily ever after.

11. My main source of news is The Daily Show.

12. If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be Rio de Janeiro.

13. I watch the following tv shows every week: Gossip Girl, Ugly Betty, The Office, and 30 Rock.

14. My current love life situation could be described with the lyrics of the song “I Wanna Die” by Miranda Lambert.

15. I’m doing my master’s in reading, and I honestly find it fascinating to read about comprehension strategies.

16. I love going line dancing in my cowboy boots.

17. I have posters of Rock Hudson and Marlon Brando on my wall. My friend Rachel has the same Rock Hudson poster. We watched Pillow Talk together and thought he was dreamy.

18. I’m a little obsessed with Twilight. I know it’s nerdy, but it’s fun, so who cares?

19. I’m working on joining the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution). My patriot’s name was Philip Horr. Further down the line, Arthur Horr married Lucy May Luckey, so I’m a Luckey-Horr.

20. My grandma is one of my favorite people. She tells the best stories. Sometimes over and over, now that she’s getting older.

21. I always have a list of things I want to do. I’m rarely bored. I don’t want to waste a single day of my life.

22. My favorite animal is the manatee. I can relate to them.

23. I love the musical RENT. It helped me through some really crazy times in my life. One of my tattoos is a quote from it: Measure your life in love.

24. My friend Sarah describes me as persnickety. I think she’s right.

25. There are so many things I want to do with my life. I love imagining the possibilities, but I’m bad at actually making the decisions. Next year I’m going to finish my master’s, and I have no idea what I want to do.

Comments

Roz said…
Re:
19. I’m working on joining the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution). My patriot’s name was Philip Horr. Further down the line, Arthur Horr married Lucy May Luckey...

Hi,
My ancestry also, but could you tell me, please, how Arthur and Lucy tie in? Genealogy is my hobby.
Kind regards, MrsEdson@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…