Skip to main content

Favorite Disney Movies

Being at Disney World made me think of my favorite Disney movies. Here they are, in no particular order (because I can’t rank these; they are ALL my favorites).

1. Mary Poppins
I remember liking this movie when I was young, but it wasn't my favorite or anything. Then I saw it in high school and realized how brilliant and cleverly written it is. It is a great movie for both adults and kids. There are so many jokes that kids wouldn't understand. Like how Mrs. Banks is all about "Votes for Women!" but whenever her husband's around, she's all "yes dear" and does whatever he wants. Such irony. This movie has great music, a great story full of important life lessons, Julie Andrews, and Dick Van Dyke. What could be better?



2. Peter Pan

I think this is my mom's favorite, too. This movie came out when she was little, and she thought that all she needed was faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust to fly. She jumped off the top of her basement stairs and ended up with stitches. Besides the beautiful choral music ("Second Star to the Right," etc.), I can't explain why I love this movie; I just do.



3. Beauty and the Beast

When this movie came out, my mom told me I was just like Belle, which made me soooo happy. I still want to be her. Just like Mary Poppins, I think this is a beautiful story for adults as well as kids. I love the romance and the lesson about loving someone for who they are on the inside.


4. Cinderella

I love the romance of this movie, too. When I was little, I used to act out the movie while it was playing. I would put on my apron and pretend to scrub the floors while I was singing. When I see all the little girls who have visited the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney and are dressed up as Cinderella, I secretly wish I wasn’t too old to go. I think she has the prettiest gown out of all the princesses.


5. Winnie the Pooh

I don’t remember seeing this movie until I was a little older, and I just love it. I love the book, too; I read it to Jacob when I was pregnant with him. It is so witty and just adorable and sweet. I know all the songs, and (I really shouldn’t admit this) they frequently go through my head. Like when it’s cloudy and windy, I think of the blustery day song. Or when it’s rainy, I’m singing “The rain rain rain came down down down” in my head. For 8th grade graduation, my parents took me to breakfast with Winnie the Pooh. I got into a long conversation with Eeyore (my favorite) about his pessimistic attitude and told him he needed to cheer up. He wrote “Thanks for noticin’ me” in my autograph book, and I was over the moon. My other favorite character is Piglet. I think Tigger is overrated.



What are some of your favorites?

Comments

Katie said…
Peter Pan was always one of my favorites. I think I remember staring out my hotel window in Disney when I was seven and telling my mom that I was "waiting for Peter".

When I was younger I was all about the Aristocats too... I was scared of the Little Mermaid because of Ursula.

Lets see.. I'll always love the Lion King and now that I'm older I really love Bambi.

Oh. And I can pretty much recite every single line in The Emporer's New Groove. Obviously its my faaaaavorite. Its hysterical.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…