Skip to main content

Disappointment

Remember how excited I was at the beginning of the week? It has been a week of disappointments.

RENT still has not arrived.

Ugly Betty is being canceled.

Nina and I couldn't find any cute rain boots.

Dinner did not go as planned last night. Everyone canceled last minute (with good reason, they weren't being flaky or anything), so it was just me and Nina. We went to Cuatro, which ended up being amazing but expensive. Although it wouldn't have been that expensive if I hadn't had 3 $10 Sangrias. They were just so delicious. And I had these potato crepes with zucchini and creme brulee for dessert... it was a perfect dinner. But we were sad that 4 other people couldn't make it.

Nina and I were supposed to go hiking today (because the high is 53!). She said to call her at 9:30 to make sure she's up. (She was going out for a friend's birthday last night.) I just called and she didn't answer, meaning she had some crazy night out and isn't going hiking. Luckily, Sarah and Dave decided last night that they want to go, so hopefully I won't have to go alone.

Oh, and yesterday was so awful it was hilarious. My kids were awful all day, so they lost the Valentine's Day party I was planning for them. And then I had them cleaning up the classroom in the afternoon, and the autistic boy thought Jordan was messing with one of the girls, so he started chasing him. The autistic boy had a pencil in his hand, and Jordan claimed to be terrified of being stabbed, so they kept running around the classroom, and finally Jordan ran right out the door. What made it so funny was that it was like a horror movie in slow motion. They were running so slowly, and Jordan kept looking over his shoulder with this look on his face like, "Noooooo!!!!" But when I finally got things under control, I really went off on Jordan. As funny as it was, it was totally inappropriate and out of control. I said to him, "You're 12 years old, and you were seriously scared of a handicapped boy with a pencil?" The day ended with one of my girls throwing up after gym.

There is also this big feud going on now between the two sixth grade classes. They hate each other. We can't quite figure out why, but there was almost a huge fight at lunch earlier this week. Most of the kids in both classes were "running up" on each other. It could have very easily gotten out of control. Since then, we've had a few individual fights, but nothing too major because we constantly keep the classes separated, which is such a headache.

Anyway, I'm going to try to maintain my excited attitude. Hiking will be fun today, even if I do go alone. Tonight I'm going dancing, and I'm determined to get that hip roll down in the Sweet Home Alabama dance. All my friends will be there for my birthday in a few weeks, and I don't want to look like an ass. And I have plenty of other things to look forward to this week- my dress from Anthropologie arriving, going to the Opera, and a DAR workshop. So it's not like my life sucks or anything. I just hate it when you get your hopes up and things don't work out.

Comments

Sarah said…
You should go on Zappos for rainboots! They have tons of stuff, and shipping is free...and it's overnight shipping!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…