Skip to main content

I'm in like.

Last Saturday was one of the most fun-filled days I've had in a long time.

It began with Jen's bachelorette party. We went to a Sox game (and I really did try to be open-minded, but it was just not fun to me), then out to dinner at Rock Bottom.


Then we walked over to Howl at the Moon, where I was supposed to be meeting Rachel and some other friends. It worked out well because my friend Kris was also there with a bunch of her friends who were visiting, and her boyfriend and his coworker. It turns out the coworker, Ryan, just moved to Chicago and lives in my neighborhood. I gave him my number in case he needed anything or just wanted to hang out, and me, Rachel, Stephanie, and Trevor left to go to a party.

The party was not that exciting, mainly because a friend of mine was annoyed with me. It's so hard because I feel like, at this point, she genuinely dislikes me, but won't say anything about it. I miss her, but I miss the way she used to be, not the way she is now. And I know it's not my imagination, because our other friends feel like this as well. But I guess it's just something she needs to work out on her own, and I need to patient.

Anyway, I was not having the best time at the part, and Ryan texted and asked what I was up to. When I told him I was leaving soon, he invited me over to hang out, and I thought, why not? Everyone was insisting it was a booty call, but I knew it wouldn't be a booty call unless I made it one. So I got there at like, 3:30 a.m., and we drank and played cards and watched a movie and flirted. Finally, around 6 I was like, "I need to go home." He tried to talk me into sleeping there (so I thought maybe he does just want one thing), but then when I refused, he offered to sleep on the floor. So I wasn't sure what he was thinking. But I wanted my own bed, so we made plans to hang out the next night and I went home.

Sunday night was great. He called when he said he was going to and was on time getting to my house. We walked over to Simone's and had more great conversation. It just feels like we have so much to talk about. Rachel called later that evening to let me know she was at Violet Hour (I was supposed to meet her and some other people), but Ryan was like, "Tell them I'm your date tonight." I knew I shouldn't be driving anyway, so I stayed with him at Simone's. Once again, there was a lot of flirting. We went back to my place and he stayed till after 2:00 a.m., even though he had to be up at 6 for work.

So at this point, I was confused. Did he like me or not? If he liked me, he would've made a move. But he must like me a little to hang out with me so late when he had to be up in the morning. I decided he was probably just looking for friends in the city, which was fine, because it would be really nice to have a friend in my neighborhood.

Tuesday we had plans to go for Tapas. (I love how this guy follows through with plans!) There was no alcohol involved, and therefore no flirting. Just friendly conversation. After dinner he asked if I wanted to go for a walk. I showed him Prairie Ave, and we listened to the Incubus concert, which was taking place nearby. It was lovely. He walked me to my car, hugged me, and made plans to see me when he got back from Vegas the following week.

After this, I knew he was just not that into me. But like I said, that was okay; I still love making new friends.

Well, after last night I'm not sure anymore. We went to Violet Hour and Reggie's, then back to his place. At this point I was pretty drunk, but I'm not sure about him. We were out on his balcony (he has a gorgeous view of downtown), and I was being silly and flirty and he was trying to make me tell him something. He kept trying to corner me and tickle me, and then finally I was up against a wall and he kissed me. Some serious making out took place on that balcony. I finally went home around 2:30.

SO, I'm still not sure what to think. Maybe he just kissed me because of the alcohol. Who knows. But, I'm having a lot of fun, so whatever this ends up being, I'm happy.

Comments

Whitney said…
this is exciting! it sounds like he may just not move super fast like a lot of the guys you've been with. :) if he's seen you this many times so close together, i'm guessing he's not just killing time. i suppose only time will tell...have fun in any case!w
Fab Free Fun said…
I agree; a REAL man won't pressure you to have sex right away. We have been with too many guys who think that way and they really aren't that into us, they just want laid; He sounds like a complete gentleman and you should just ENJOY the fact that you are taking things slowly and really build a relationship! Friendship, dating, marriage, who cares what is in store down the line:)
Anonymous said…
Erin, Very exciting indeed! I'm glad you're happy!
Gloria

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…