Skip to main content

I Don't Want To Go To Work Tomorrow...

I got to do almost everything I wanted this weekend.

Friday I was tired (since I started my weekend the night before at Simone's), so I went over to Ryan's and we watched Empire Records, one of the best movies ever.

Saturday I sang at my friend's wedding. I was so glad I got to do the Schubert Ave Maria among other things. It was a beautiful ceremony in a gorgeous church, and I loved every minute of it.



Saturday night got a little crazy. It started out with me and Ryan at the Sixteen Candles show at Bash on Wabash. Lots of fun. Then we went to a bar, where I surpassed the amount of beers I should've had. Then we went to this crazy house party with Stephanie, where there was a bit of drama with Ryan. Specifically, he got mad that I am a drama queen. We went back to his apartment (after he almost left me there) and he very calmly pointed out my character flaws. I was upset. He was right, but it still sucked. There was a lot of conversation and stuff, and I didn't get home till 5.

So Sunday I was deep into my shame spiral. I emailed Ryan, apologizing for my drama, which was probably a stupid idea. I don't think he's even read it yet. But he texted me that morning and wanted to hang out last night, so I knew he couldn't be really mad at me. I went hiking down at Matthiessen State Park by myself, which was good for me. I felt better when I was done. Then I met my fabulous friend Sarah for dinner at Flat Top Grill, where they messed up my order twice, so I got a free dinner.

On the way to dinner, I stopped at Target and bought the Wii. I've been wanting one for so long. So then Ryan came over to play, and we played Mario 3 and drank KoolAid and fought like brother and sister. (My brother and I always fought over who got to play what level.) It was lots of fun.

This morning I met my friend Kelly for a delicious breakfast at Julius Meinl. We decided to have a game night! I'm so excited because I love to throw parties, but my apartment definitely is not meant for entertaining. So it will be at Kelly's, but we're doing it together. I can't wait to play Catch Phrase!

On the way to breakfast I talked to Jacob on the phone. He called to tell me that his teacher emailed his mom to say that in her 15 years of teaching, Jacob is the most polite student she has ever met. I'm so proud! His parents are raising him right. He also wrote a story that she said was "phenomenal." I asked what it was about, and he said, "A soccer player." What happens to the soccer player? "He breaks his leg." What does he do then? How does it end? "He has to tell his coach." So cute.

My parents came over this afternoon to finish putting together my bike. There was lots of cursing, but it got done. I was so excited to head out to a forest preserve and ride. Well, it did not go as planned.

First of all, I learned to look a map first. Closely. I glanced at one, but I didn't notice that the trail I was taking turned into another trail that went on forever. So I rode 7.5 miles in one direction. Not a big deal, but finally I decided to turn around and head back. About 2 minutes into my ride back, my chain fell off. I couldn't get it back on, so I started walking. It was over a half hour before a nice man stopped and helped me get it back on. I rode for a little while longer, and then my pedal fell off. I didn't have a wrench, so I had to walk the rest of the way back. Nancy said I should give my dad a hard time for my bike falling apart like that, but I was the one who put on the pedals. I kinda do suck at life. But other than that, I had a really fun weekend. I SO do not want to go to work tomorrow. Especially because it's Back To School Night, which means I'll be there for 13 hours. But next weekend will be fabulous- apple-picking and outlet shopping with my mom and Nancy, baking apple pies, and the Renegade Craft Fair. I have much to look forward to!

Comments

akorponya said…
Why do you let Ryan treat you like that? You're an adult and don't need to be scolded by some guy. Kick him in the nuts.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…