Skip to main content

Pre-K

The Pre-K kids scare me, but they also crack me up. Today I read them Stellaluna, a story about a bat. I held up the book with the bat on the front and asked, "Does anyone know what kind of animal this is?" One boy yelled, "A tiger!" and everyone agreed. I said, "No... why don't we try again?" And another boy said, "A goat?"

After reading Stellaluna, we attempted to play "Bat, Bat, Bird" (Duck, Duck, Goose). It was hilarious to watch them trying to figure it out.

When they lined up to leave, a little girl told me I could come to her birthday party. Awesome.

This is the best part of my new position- working with all different grade levels. Other than that, I really miss my old school. I went out to dinner with some friends from my old school, and we talke for 2 and a half hours. I miss them so much! They've been in the district longer than I have and agreed with my conclusion that my new school is very clique-ey. I thought it was my imagination, but it's not. They also told me about how most of the women there are back-stabbers; they get you to talk about stuff, then they tell the principal because they all want to be BFFs with her. The problem is, she's no one's friend. She's hilarious and seems nice at staff meetings and stuff, but one-on-one, I feel like she's very critical. I'm going to have to keep my mouth closed and just keep to myself at this school, which is hard for me to do. If I have to go somewhere every day, I want to be friends with the people I work with. But at least I have friends in the district I can talk to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…