Skip to main content

Decisions

Throughout the day, my thoughts started to fall into place. I’ve thought about things and had conversations with people that have helped me see what I need to do.

1. I am not going to interview in Minneapolis. I don’t want to go there, so why even interview? I shouldn’t try to make myself live somewhere just because I feel like I should. Settling is never a good idea.

2. My first choice is to be asked back by my district. I really don’t want to have to disrupt my life TOO much. But, if they don’t ask me back by the time Phoenix makes me an offer next month…

3. I am moving to Phoenix. Yes, there are a lot of negatives, but there are positives, too. Having a support system there is huge. And while I complain about all the brown, I could find an apartment complex with grass. My parents bought a new car and said they will come visit. I feel like my life is kind of stagnate here; I’m excited at the thought of trying something new and living somewhere different. I will miss Chicago like crazy, but I could still come back someday.

4. If I am honest with myself, one of the things holding me back from moving to Phoenix is Ryan. We had another romantic moment this weekend. (And I’m not using romantic as a euphemism; dancing to the Beatles was so sweet.) So, if it looks like I’m going to move to Phoenix, I need to put it all out there. I’m going to ask him how dating would be any different than what we’re doing now, and tell him that I’m honestly not sure how I feel about him, but I do feel like there’s possibility there. If he doesn’t feel the same way, that’s fine. I can move away and not wonder about what could have been. I need to resolve that issue.

*Possible Step 5: I’m still going to attend a job fair in Michigan in a few weeks. I will be talking to Grand Rapids, MI and Louisville, KY. Those would both be preferable to Phoenix because they’re closer.

This is my plan. And once I have figured out things like this, I’m pretty good at sticking to it. Step 4 is going to be difficult, but I will have a few drinks first and write down what I’m going to say. And now that I know what I’m going to do, I feel so much better.

Comments

Miss Katharine said…
Are you a grown-up now? I would say that the amswer is a resounding YES!

I admire the grace with which you are handling such a challenging time. Truly. You are one of the sweetest people and most gifted teachers I know and you deserve the BEST!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…