Skip to main content

OMG, Donald Miller

I met my future husband last night. I am head over heels for him; can you tell?



I made a complete fool of myself, but that's okay. I told him that I left a comment on his blog the other day saying I am pretty much in love with him, and I really am. He said thank you. I thanked him for writing such amazing books and told him that the copy of Blue Like Jazz he was signing was like, the millionth copy I've bought because I lend it out all the time and never get it back because everyone loves it. I told him that I teach my students Somebody Wanted But So (which is what his newest book is based on), and he thought that was cool. Then we posed for this picture.


When I told him it was nice to meet him, he said, "It was nice to meet you too, Erin." He used my name a couple times during the conversation, and every time he said it, my stomach flip flopped. I felt like I couldn't breathe the whole time I was talking to him, and my face was bright red. I wanted to swoon when he smiled at me and gazed at me with those warm brown eyes. I never notice anyone's eye color. I've got it bad.

Afterwards, I realized I should have thought of a question to ask him instead of talking his ear off, but I couldn't think of anything at the moment. Then my mom was like, "Why didn't you slip him your number???" and now I'm mad that I didn't do that, either. BUT, he knows that I left a comment on his blog. And my email address is tied to that comment. So maybe he could find me. But I don't know... what should my next move be?

Anyway, I just have to say that it was one of the best moments of my life so far. Seriously. I tried to think if there's another celebrity I would be that excited about meeting, and all I can think of is Miranda Lambert. But I want to be best friends with her, not marry her and have her babies. So it was like, a million times more exciting to meet Donald Miller.

Let me just list why he is the perfect man for me:

1. He is funny.

2. He is a Christian.

3. He doesn't pretend to be a perfect Christian. He is very honest about his flaws, and I think we have a lot of those in common.

4. He is adventurous. (Riding his bike across the country, hiking the Inca trail to Macchu Picchu, etc.)

5. He wants to get married and have kids.

When I read his books, I feel like we'd be best friends, like we just get each other. I'm seriously in love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…