Skip to main content

Twilight

I'm rereading the Twilight series again. I think I've lost count of how many times I've read these books.

It's more than a little embarrassing. There are so many problems with these books; I won't even try to defend them. (Especially not Breaking Dawn. I don't plan on rereading that one.) But I recently read this post by The Bloggess and decided I would not feel guilty about loving what I love.

Every time I start rereading Twilight, I can't put it down. I get so caught up in the story. My only explanation is that Bella is so relatable. (For me, at least.) The insecure girl who falls down a lot and can't believe the super hot, unattainable guy would actually like her...

I think it also makes me nostalgic for high school. When Bella's sitting next to Edward in biology, I reminisce about sitting next to Brad in biology.


I wasn't good at science, anyway, and he made it hard to concentrate. He was such a bad boy (complete with long hair), and I never thought he'd like me. I think I was still wearing Winnie the Pooh tee shirts at that point. But for some reason, he was into me. He met me after French and walked me to English every day, and he gave me my first kiss outside of Mr. Bowman's classroom.

He called me every night, but I was so in awe of his coolness that I could never think of anything interesting to say. As a result, this relationship lasted for about three weeks. He was no Edward Cullen, able to see past my shyness.

(On a side note, all my friends were a little scared of him. And then, he cut is hair and turned into a skater and they decided he was pretty hot.)

Anyway, like many other teenage girls, I'm head over heels for Edward Cullen. (Well, except when he's acting like a creepy stalker.) And I know guys like him do not actually exist, but it's fun to live in that fantasy world for a while.

Tonight I'll start rereading New Moon. I think it's appropriate right now while I'm working through my own disappointment about a relationship that didn't work out. Now I just need to find my own real-life Jacob Black, who will help me build a motorcycle and take me cliff jumping...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…