Skip to main content

I give up.

I think it's time to purchase that Winnie the Pooh top I've been wanting. Laura threatened to call my dad and tell him I've given up (apparently shopping at the Disney Store is NOT SEXY), but I don't even care anymore.

Last month, I had a date with a guy who looked so familiar. After finishing my drink, I was able to place the face- Count Chocula. There was a strong resemblance.

This is horribly mean of me to say, and normally, I wouldn't make fun of someone's face, because it's not like you can change that. But he was condescending. He made fun of me for hiking alone. He told me, "The waitress says you're a cutie, and... I think I agree." He paid, but went on and on about how great it was that he had done so. I don't think I smiled once during that whole date. I felt bad for him, because I think that behavior is caused by deep insecurities. But I had a miserable time. 

I was supposed to have a date last week with another guy I met online. And then I found out he didn't have a job or a car. "So?" Nina said. "That description fits me, too."

"Nina, you live downtown Chicago and you just finished your effing Ph.D.!" I yelled. "I doubt the same is true of this guy!"

I cancelled that date. 

Today's date was with a friend of a friend. At first, it seemed promising. He was definitely not my usual type (I would say that his style is that of someone who owns a Harley), but I told myself to stop being shallow and be open-minded. 

Things were going well, and then he started ranting about ObamaCare. For a long time, I sat silently and debated whether or not I should tell him who I voted for. (Sia said I should have said, "ObamaCare? What's that?" And then, when he explained, say, "Oh, you mean the Affordable Care Act." And then he would've known exactly where I stand.) Then he launched into a tirade about how all politicians are corrupt (which I don't disagree with). I responded by saying that I know it's naive, but one of the most basic things we can do to change that is vote. "I've only voted once," he said. "For McCain. You know why? Because he's white."

I almost fell out of my chair.

He went on to explain that black people all voted for Obama just because he's black, so he figured he'd do the same thing.

The cherry on top came when I asked him about college. Long story short, he knew more than everyone in his class, and the teacher didn't like that and said in front of the whole class that she was going to fail him, so he yelled that that was f--ing b---sh-- and called her a dumb b---- and threw a chair and walked out and quit college. 

I ended this date by telling him I needed to do laundry. 

I'm just so over it. Why can't I meet someone I actually like and want to date???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…