Skip to main content
I don't have one main thing to write about today, just lots of little things.

I had dinner with friends from high school last Friday and had such a nice time. Every time I see these girls, I think, "Why don't I hang out with them more often? They're so fun!" So I'm going to make more of an effort and try to not be so lazy about driving to the suburbs.

I love the Cubs. I've somehow acquired this reputation at work for being a Cubs fan (maybe it's because I teach on the south side), so I've had to keep up with the games because people are always asking me about them. I never used to like watching baseball, but lately I really enjoy it. It's just relaxing; I grew up with it always on in the background. I miss Harry Caray's voice. My dad and I watched Cubs Forever the other night, and it was a nice bonding activity. He loved reminiscing about all the old games. He had either been to or watched a lot of the games they featured on the show. It was fun to hear the stories. So I'm very proud that being a Cubs fan runs in my family.

I love Fla-Vor-Ices (a.k.a. freezie pops). The other day I made the mistake of buying Lite ones made with Splenda. They are disgusting. And there are no pinks!! What kind of lunacy is that??? Pink is my second favorite flavor, after blue.

Nina and I finally decided to have our party at Trader Todd's. As we argued about Evites today, I commented that I felt like I was getting married. She said she was thinking the same thing and we laughed and laughed. But it's true. I think the four of us are going to end up like the Golden Girls.

I'm thinking about searching for my birthfather just for fun. I love a little drama. (Notice I said a little, not major, hurtful drama like the situation with C.) So apparently he lives in Phoenix, and Rachel is going to do some recon for me. I think he lives with his mom. Hilarious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…