Skip to main content

Neverending Drama

I had the most drama filled 24 hours...

Thursday night was spent with a friend who's having a really hard time right now. My heart just breaks for her, and I wish there was more I could do. I'm pretty sure she reads my blog, so I want her to know that I love her and I'll do anything she needs to help her get through this.

As I was driving to work Friday morning, I noticed my car was a little shaky. It continued to get worse, so I quickly pulled over and discovered a flat tire. It was 8:10 a.m. I was irritated that I'd be a little late to work, but not worried because I have OnStar. They hooked me up with Saturn Roadside Assistance, and Saturn said they dispatched someone from some local service. The local service called to say they'd be there in 45 minutes. I graded papers and sang with my iPod, and 45 minutes came and went. I'm getting bored typing this, so I'll just summarize- they never showed up. I was stuck for 3 hours. They called me like, 4 times and said they couldn't find me, but they couldn't have been looking; I gave them the specific mile marker and everything. Finally a cute guy from IDOT found me and saved me. I'm really mad because you pay for a service like that in case of emergencies, and they ended up not doing anything. Also, the tire is really damaged, and so is the rim, even though I just got new rims in January. Nina is going to pay for the rim (she hit a pothole while driving a few weeks ago), but I have to pay for the tire. And of course, I'm so broke right now.

I didn't get to work till noon, which is when the kids were dismissing. I went to use the washroom, and C happened to be coming out at that moment. She asked if we could just talk for like, 2 minutes. I said no, but couldn't really go anywhere because she was blocking the bathroom, and she just started talking. She went on and on about how disappointed she is in me, and how I'm like family to her, and she never thought I would do this to her, etc. She was really trying to play the victim, and I started getting super annoyed. I said, "Up until you sent that email, we could have possibly been friends again. But you crossed a line. And that email showed me who you really are. And that's not someone I want to be friends with." She started going on about how I ended the friendship before she sent that email, and that email shouldn't even be an issue because she's already apologized, and she kept trying to work it out and I ignored her. I said, "I told you I needed a break, and you kept calling me. You didn't give me the space I needed." She said, "You never said you needed space, you said you needed a break from my behavior." "But C," I said, "doesn't that kind of mean the same thing? And when you called and I didn't answer, shouldn't that also have indicated that I needed space? You kept calling and calling; there was no need for all those calls. You could have stopped after the first call." I told her I really had to pee and went into the bathroom. When I came out, she was waiting for me. At this point, she was mad. She was like, "You want to talk about people showing their true colors? You are unforgiving, unsympathetic..." She went on, but I don't remember what all she said. She was just attacking my character, and it sucked. I really wanted to say some mean things back, but I was determined not to be drawn into it. I think it was making her more angry that I seemed to not care. During this rant though, I realized how truly delusional she is. When she finished, I said, "C, that's just how you perceive things; that's not necessarily the truth. I'm sorry you feel that way. By the way, did you get N's email about bringing back her dvd's?" (N lent C some Gilmore Girls dvd's, and C's had them forever. N sent her an email and asked if she would bring them to work and give them to me. C did not respond.) C said in the nastiest voice, "She has my phone number and knows where I live. She can get them back herself." (Or something like that; I don't remember exactly.) I said, "So you're stealing? Isn't that kind of childish?" I turned and walked out the door. She started to reply, "You know what?" and then just said, "Goodbye." I think she just had to get the last word in as I was leaving.

My friends said they saw her walking to her car, crying and talking on the phone a few minutes later. And I actually thought, Good. Throughout this whole thing, I haven't wanted to see her hurt. Yes, I've gotten angry at the things she's said, but I've gotten over it quickly. I felt bad for her and all her crazy issues, and I felt bad that things had to end like this. But yesterday, I just felt mean. I wanted to see her hurting. I'm tired of her attacking my character and acting like the victim. I'm tired of her harassing me. I went up to my classroom and started praying right away. I don't want to have a vindictive heart. That comment I made about N's dvd's? The only reason I said that was because I knew it would hurt her. It was my way of letting her know that N and I are good friends, which is exactly what she was afraid would happen. I also texted N immediately and told her what happened, so she called and texted C right away demanding that she give her dvd's back. I think the dvd's will probably not be returned, but that showed C that N and I are good friends. I didn't want to resort to name calling like C has, but I was mean and manipulative, and that's not cool. But I could only take so much of her talking to me that way. Even though we are not friends anymore, she still continues to be "toxic." I just can't believe how crazy and awful and delusional she is. And to just refuse to return someone's stuff?? She loves to flaunt the face that she's Christian. She only listens to Christian music. I should put a W.W.J.D. bracelet in her mailbox at work. Jesus wouldn't steal people's stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…