Skip to main content

Creepy

This morning, C showed up in my classroom wanting to apologize. "I'm sorry I've been so mean to you at work," she said. "I'm going to stop doing that. I really hope you have a great day." That sounds nice, right? Except she hasn't been mean to me at work. Also, she said it in this really insincere, smug, flippant way... the word that came to mind in the moment was Stepford. It was weird. I just nodded and said, "Ok, thanks." Then, I saw her in the hall a few minutes later, and she gave me this huge, fake smile and said, "Have a wonderful day!" and walked away humming. I know this doesn't sound creepy in writing, but it totally was. She sounded like someone who was mentally ill. I think I know what's going on here.

When her fiance cheated, she felt really guilty for being mad. She even started therapy so she could get over it. She told him she forgave him, and tried to convince herself she'd forgiven him, but it was still an issue as recently as March (the last time I talked to her). She was still angry about it and would throw it back in his face occasionally. I think the same thing is happening with me. She has convinced herself that she is the victim. At first she was angry, and she used that as an excuse to say all that awful stuff. Now she's moved on to the "I'm a perfect Christian so I have to forgive her" stage. What will happen is that she'll try to convince herself that she's forgiven me for all the horrible things I've done to her, but every once in a while she'll let her anger out in a really disturbing way.

You can tell her niceness is forced and not at all sincere. I also noticed that she just said she was going to stop being mean to me at work. So she's going to continue stalking me outside of work? That Facebook thing still has me creeped out, but I don't care enough to do anything. Although there is this evil little part of me that wants to text her about it just to stir things up and make her more miserable. This is why I need to keep praying about this situation; I really am a mean person.

In other news, one of my students called me a b**** and is suspended. Another two students got in a fight that they didn't get to finish, so I'm afraid things are going to erupt at any moment in my classroom. One of my students might be a baby daddy at the age of 12. Two more students got sent home today after fighting/throwing food at each other at lunch. Things are busy and work is tiring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…