Skip to main content

Something Weird

C. friend requested one of my Facebook friends, and they are now friends. It's this guy who used to be best friends with my ex (I don't know how close they are now). I was kind of friends with him (we hung out a few times last summer and may or may not have made out in the back of a cab when we were drunk after a Cubs game), but we haven't talked since last summer. I wrote on his wall on Facebook to invite him to me and Nina's party and he never replied, so I'm assuming he doesn't want to talk to me anymore, which is fine, because I don't have any feelings invested in that friendship. But why on earth would C friend-request him, and only him? I looked through her friends (can't see her profile since it's private) and didn't see any of my other friends on her list. Does she somehow remember me mentioning that I made out with him that one time? It's not like it meant anything to either of us, so why would she think that was important?

If this guy was a better friend, I would send him a message warning him that she is a psycho. But since we haven't been talking... well, he can figure it out for himself. He's a big boy. I can't imagine what she'd possibly try to do to me anyway. Spread rumors? Who's going to hear, Naperville people? This guy has a lot of the same friends as my brother, so it would get back to my brother, and I know he'd stand up for me if people were saying bad stuff. It's not like I care what those people think, anyway. The only other thing I can think of is that she might try to tell this guy I have feelings for him or something, but... whatever. Like I said, we don't talk anymore. It's not like I have a huge crush on him and would be devastated if he found out.

I tried to check her MySpace friends to make sure she doesn't have any of my friends on her list, but her profile's private, so I can't tell. Luckily, my friend Rachel is still friends with her on MySpace, so I'm going to have her investigate. Unfortunately, that may take some time since Rachel doesn't have internet at home right now.

Nina says this is typical stalker behavior. She told me that one of our mutual friends has a stalker. She'll go for a while without hearing anything, then the stalker will show up in the weirdest way. This is just so strange to me. It's making me crazy because I can't figure out her motives. Why would she be friends with this guy???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…