Skip to main content

Survey

I never used to do these, but it's taking me a while to wake up this morning, and I'm not in the mood to start on stuff for work yet.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 9:30
2. Diamonds or pearls? I heart diamonds.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The second Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie. I knew it'd be awful, because how can you cram three books into one movie? But I love all 4 of those actresses.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Ugly Betty, The Office, Gossip Girl, Jon and Kate Plus 8, A Haunting
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Toasted bagel with organic peanut butter
6. What is your middle name? Michelle
7.What food do you dislike? Meat. And soup.
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Home by the Dixie Chicks
9. What kind of car do you drive? 2007 Silver Saturn Ion with a Love Wins sticker in the back window
10 . Favorite sandwich? The grilled cheese from Bar on Buena- Texas Toast, some really good kind of cheese, and avocado... the avocado is what makes it amazing
12. Favorite item of clothing? Right now I love my white flowy skirt because it's super comfortable and shows off my new tattoo. Oh, and I adore my new cowboy boots.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation,where would you go? Rio de Janeiro
14. Where would you retire to? I don't know about retiring, but I want to move to Asheville, NC in 2 years when I finish this master's degree
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Probably my 18th, which I had to testify about in court several years later
16. Furthest place you are sending this? Pretty far, since it's just on the internet
17. Person you expect to send it back first. Doesn't apply.
18. When is your birthday? March 4
19. Morning person or a night person? I hate waking up early, but I'm most productive first thing in the morning, whenever that may be. Today is kind of an exception.
20. What is your favorite shoe? As previously stated, I love my cowboy boots. My Havaianas are awesome, too. Ooh, and I love all of my Antonio Melani shoes as well.
21. Pets? No
22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Not really; I post most exciting stuff here on my blog.
23. What did you want to be when you were little? An archaeologist. I would read about Ancient Rome and Greece, and my uncle would buy me these kits where I'd have to dig in clay for artifacts and then piece them together to make a vase or whatever.
24. How are you today? I'm fabulous because I'm not at work. Yesterday I went to this mind-numbingly boring workshop about phonics. We had to sit on cafeteria benches, and C was sitting nearby, glaring and sending negative energy at me all day. It was unbelievably awful. I really didn't care about the C thing, because I'm not going to let her affect me. She's sad and pathetic and needs help (according to many people in our district, not just me). But there's no way I could sit through another 6 hours of that boring phonics stuff when I already teach a great research-based phonics curriculum. So I didn't go back today. :)
25. What is your favorite flower? Lilacs
26. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? That would have been a better question to ask me earlier this summer. I guess right now I'm looking forward to the 23rd, when Paula comes to visit!
27. What are you listening to right now? Nothing
28. What was the last thing you ate? I had some oatmeal raisin cookies from Trader Joe's for dessert last night
29. Do you wish on stars? All the time
30. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I don't know... it's too early to be creative
31. How is the weather right now? Cloudy. So sad, since I planned to go to the beach today. I guess it's better that I stay home and work.
32. Last person you spoke to on the phone. Nancy
33. Favorite soft drink? Oh, Diet Coke... I'm so addicted to you....
34. Favorite restaurant? Oh goodness, so many. Orange for brunch, Mana Food Bar, Kopi Cafe, Il Vincinato for authentic Italian, Lou Malnati's for pizza, Pick Me Up Cafe in the middle of the night, Uncommon Ground...
35. Hair Color? Brown
36. What was your favorite toy as a child? Jackie, my Cabbage Patch Kid
37. Summer or Winter? Definitely summer. Although I'm trying to appreciate winter more. I'm going to start making lists of "Things to Do This Winter," just like I do in the summer.
38. Chocolate or Vanilla? Both
39. Coffee or tea? Neither; I go to tea at The Drake and order Diet Coke
40. Do you want your friends to email you back? This isn't an email anymore. But look Katharine, I did respond!
41. When was the last time you cried? Can't remember. I'm not a crier, even when the situation calls for it.
43. What did you do last night? Oh, this is embarrassing! Usually I would have something interesting to say! But after a terrible day at that workshop, followed by 2 hours of tutoring, I came home, made dinner, watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 and Family Guy, worked on some stuff for my classroom, worked on the Twilight collage on my bedroom door, read a few chapters of Pride and Prejudice, and went to bed. So boring.
44. What are you afraid of? Time
45. Salty or sweet? Usually I'm in the mood for sweets, unfortunately
46. How many keys on your key ring? Who cares?
47. How many years at your current job? This will be my 3rd year in the district
48. Favorite day of the week? Saturdays
49. Do you make friends easily? Yes. I love making new friends. This actually gets me in trouble sometimes, because I'm eager to be friends and I ignore the red flags that tell me a person might not be someone I want to associate with.
50. How many people will you send this to? The whole world
51. How many will respond?
52. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yes, if I'm in the mood
53. Is life good to you? Yes. Like I said, things are too good. I'm waiting for the pie in the face. But things just keep getting better.
54. What year did you graduate from high school? 2000
55. How many friends from High School do you still talk too? A lot. Nina and Rachel have been my best friends since I was like, 16. I talk to a lot of other people too, thanks to Facebook.

Comments

Miss Katharine said…
Woo-hoo! Glad to see you responded. For some reason - I'm not sure why, exactly - I kinda love these things! We should go out for coffee (or Diet Coke) soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…