Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

This was pretty much the perfect holiday week.

Nancy and I went to see Breaking Dawn on Tuesday night at the iPic theaters. I love going to those theaters for special occasion movies! You sit in Lazy Boy chairs and you get a blanket and pillow and they wait on you during the movie. And we loved the movie! This is the best one yet! I wish they would go back and remake the other ones, especially the first one, now that they've figured out how to do it. There were only 3 criticisms I have:

1. The whole conversation the wolves had in their heads was just ridiculous. I almost laughed out loud and chose that scene for a bathroom break.

2. I had to close my eyes during the birth scene. Too gory for me. But that's how I felt about the book, too.

3. I wish they'd had more of the Jacob/Rosalee banter that they had in the book.

Other than that, I thought it was well done and don't know how I'm going to wait for the next one! I definitely want to reread the book now, but it's in storage somewhere.

Wednesday I spent the whole day crafting and watching New Moon and Eclipse. Actually, that's how I spent a lot of my days off- crafting. I'm excited to start giving people their handmade Christmas gifts!

Thanksgiving got off to a rocky start. First, I asked my dad a simple question and he started yelling at me. I was pretty frustrated and told him to "calm the f- down." It just came out. I've never cursed at my dad before. Suprisingly, he didn't say anything about it, so it was much less dramatic than it could have been. Then, my mom and I accidentally outed a gay relative (who was not present). When I pointed out to my mom what we'd done, she was like, "Whatever, it's not like everyone hadn't already guessed." So, once again, no drama. My grandma was able to come to dinner, and that went suprisingly well. It was just a nice, normal Thanksgiving. I'm always thankful that I have a family I actually look forward to spending time with.

That night, I went to see the Muppets with my aunt and cousin, and it was awesome!!! I just love the Muppets so much. I love how wholesome they are, how it's good clean fun for the whole family, and yet so clever and funny. There were so many cameos by great actors, and Jason Segal was hilarious. I'm so glad the Muppets have made a comeback.

After the movie, Nina and Steph and I drank an entire bottle of bourbon in Nina's parents' hot tub. Good times. :)

Last night, I hung out with a guy I was good friends with in high school. It was so good to see him! It was like no time had passed. He's so easy to be with, and just such a nice guy. He still lives close by, so I'm really hoping to see more of him before I move back to the city. He texted me on my way home last night to tell me again that he'd had fun and we should do it again sometime soon, so hopefully there will be lots more hanging out in our future.

Today, I had big plans to watch the Bears with my dad. We haven't watched a game together all season. My dad was grappling with the Christmas tree lights (which always seem to give him an inordinate amount of trouble) while watching the Bears get three penalties in a row. When Hanie threw an interception, I looked from the TV to the Christmas tree lights and thought, "This is a bad scene." I got out of there quick. I think we may watch one of the games from the 1985 season later on to remember the good old days.

So overall, it's just been a relaxing, productive weekend filled with friends and family. Pretty much perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…