Skip to main content

Anniversary Narrows


The next day was pure ridiculousness. We drove around sight-seeing. Jason examined his topo and said, “Hey, I found something that looks like a slot canyon! And you can drive right up to it!”

As we pulled up, Kristin and I burst out laughing. It was the Anniversary Narrows! We were happy to be back and enjoyed reminiscing about our first time there. This time, we hiked through in flip flops, drinking Coors Light. (We were less-than-classy all day… Looking back, I’m a little embarrassed.)



Next, we visited some warm springs, where we drank a lot more beer and giggled a lot. There were fish nibbling on our toes… Kristin and Jason enjoyed the exfoliation, but I couldn’t handle it.



At one point, I announced that I had to pee and started to get out of the water. “Where are you going?” Jason asked. “Just pee here.”

“But you guys are right next to me. That would be rude,” I explained.

“I was peeing the whole time we were in those springs yesterday,” Jason said.

“Eeew! Really dude? I was RIGHT next to you!” Kristin was not pleased.

“Yeah, I thought you’d appreciate me warming up the water.”

“So, Jason,” I said, “you mean to tell me it wouldn’t bother you if I peed right now? Because you are right next to me, and the water is moving in your direction.”

“Go ahead, pee on me. It wouldn’t bother me at all.”

“It’s happening!” I yelled.

And that’s the story of the time I peed on Jason Marshall.

No trip would be complete without me motorboating Kristin. This tradition started when we realized my face is right in her boobs when we hug, and Jason started yelling, “Motorboat her!” As we were leaving the warm springs, someone decided that motorboating needed to happen.  I tried to get in there and give her a good one, but I was laughing too hard and failed miserably.

“You suck,” Jason said.

“You know what? If you think you can do any better, YOU get in here and try.”

“Um…” Jason and Kristin both paused.

“I don’t think my boyfriend would want Jason’s face in my boobs,” Kristin said.

“Oh yeah…” That hadn’t even occurred to me. They’re just boobs.

“Jason, why don’t you motorboat Erin and show her how it’s done?” Kristin suggested. Apparently my boobs are community property.

So I pulled down my top, and Jason got his face in there and motorboated for all he was worth. And I have to admit, he did a better job than me.

All this in a busy parking lot.

And then, it was time to head home. So sad. I feel like the time we get with just the three of us is more and more precious as we meet significant others and our lives change. I hope we’ll make this time together a priority in the future, even if it is something that can’t happen often. Friends like these are a gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…