Skip to main content

Motorcycle Canyon



We did Motorcycle Canyon the next day. It was a pretty laid back day. The canyon was scenic, but mostly we were just happy to be together in a canyon. Jason was spotting me on a downclimb, and I totally just fell on top of him. “Aw, you just wanted a hug,” he said. And we hugged it out.









We stopped in this hallway so Kristin and Jason could meditate. I munched on Cheezits and watched a tarantula amble down the canyon and thanked God for this moment and these friends.


We arrived at the end of the canyon just before dark. It drains into a larger canyon that is a popular hike because of the hot springs. We’d carried beer through the canyon all day in anticipation of the hot springs, so there was no way we were going to miss them. We had headlamps, so no worries about a late night exit. And actually, our timing was great since most people were leaving at that time of day. We settled into the spring (which was basically like sitting in a hot tub) and were soon joined by some interesting local guys. One guy was drunk and hitting on me in a really obvious and uncomfortable way. Kristin and Jason just laughed and laughed while I shot them evil glares.


Finally the guys left, and it was just the three of us, sipping beers and watching Predator in the hot spring. I cannot imagine a more perfect way to spend an evening. (Jason has said that, when he tells other guys this story, they are extremely envious- two pretty girls, beer, and Predator. Every guy’s dream.) The only other people we saw were a group that walked by, buck naked except for their headlamps. They said that, when they heard the sounds of Predator, they thought for a second there was a wild animal in the canyon. Jason was somehow oblivious to their nudity and was indignant that we hadn’t pointed it out.




On the hike out, we saw a coatimundi, and when we got back to camp, a fox approached our campsite. Its timing was perfect because Jason had been singing “What Does the Fox Say?” all weekend, and Kristin and I wanted to stab him. 


*Photos courtesy of www.inthecanyons.com*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…