Skip to main content

Summer List Update

Alas, I did not accomplish all of the things on my summer list. But technically, there's still time! Anyone want to make out at a drive in? Or eat a blue sno-cone with me?

(Bold means I have completed the item.)

1. Hike on the trail with Sasquatch sitings (Okay, technically I didn't hike it, but I camped there. And it was creepy!!)

2. Sleep under the stars (dirtbag it!)

3. Frolic in an alpine meadow (Taylor Swift dance parties)

4. Rhubarb Festival (Didn't make it to the festival, but I had some amazing rhubarb pine in Alpine)

5. Eat a blue sno-cone 


6. Make out at a drive in

7. Go to an observatory and look at stars (Rich got out the telescope one night in Portland... Does that count?)

8. Research picks for Fantasy Football (I am in a league with my birthmom, her husband, and three sons... This could get interesting.) 

9. Catch fireflies (Wasn't gonna happen since I didn't make it east of the Mississippi)

10. See the river in the Galiuros that only appears at night

11. See fireworks on the 4th (Didn't see fireworks, but backpacking was even better!)

12. Powell's bookstore

13. At least one Northwest canyon

14. Explore more swimming holes in AZ

15. Host a formal cocktail party (Not yet, but I just got a little carried away buying kitchen products from The Pioneer Woman's new line, so I will be hosting a dinner party very soon.)

16. Go on a bird walk (It's too hot! Maybe when I'm visiting my parents over Fall Break.)

17. Pacheta Falls (I made it to eastern AZ, but this is a hike I didn't want to do alone.)

18. Get in some R-rated stemming in Utah

19. Hike on part of the Oregon trail

20. Donuts and pie and chocolate and ice cream in Portland (This is why I gained 10 pounds this summer. But you know what? It was totally worth it.)

21. Read A Midsummer Night's Dream (I got halfway through. Does that count?) 

22. Watch The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

23. Miles to go tattoo (This one requires some thought... I'd put in on my forearm, which is a pretty bold move. Need to make sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…