Skip to main content

17 more days

Work was just awful yesterday. I try so hard to be positive, but some days, it's just impossible. Monday was great. We played a game that went so well, and I was so encouraged. And then yesterday, the girl drama resurfaced and girls were literally screaming at each other. On top of that, I realized that my class lacks integrity. That's the word I've been looking for all year. Every time I turn my back, someone's trying to see what they can get away with. They're just not good people. A huge part of the problem is the parents. But I have some great parents whose kids are still crazy. I just don't get it. And since they get no real consequences for their actions, the behavior continues and escalates.

I was in such a terrible mood yesterday that, when I got to the gym, my trainer immediately commented that I looked like I was going to cry. I didn't feel like crying, though. (I'm not a crier.) I just want this year to be over.

My friend Nancy's kids are jerks, too. She spent a lot of money creating a beautiful classroom library for them. She had meetings during the day yesterday, and when she came back to her room, it was destroyed- furniture broken, gum in the carpet, books torn apart. What's wrong with these kids?

No integrity.

Today my class is writing about integrity all day. Probably not the best way to teach it and make them want to have it, but they're on punishment. We were supposed to read The Outsiders since we just finished the book, but I can't reward yesterday's behavior. I'm going into professional bitch mode. I'm going to take a Xanax and remind myself that I only have to do this 17 more times. I can do this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…