Skip to main content

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, etc.

I set my alarm for 6:45, five minutes later than usual, because it just looked so much nicer than 6:40. I usually spend time checking email and stuff in the morning, but I figured I just wouldn't do that today. I walked into work exactly five minutes late.

When I went to tell my principal about the vandalism in my classroom, she informed me that my autistic student urinated all over in both stairwells yesterday, and then I went to my classroom, and C came in to talk to me about a surprise shower. Even though she was pleasant, I still don't like talking to her.

I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

My kids were loud and disrespectful when I was trying to teach, and the most popular couple in the class broke up, so there was all kinds of drama, and we didn't even get to go outside for recess.

I think I'll move to Australia.

I saw my principal later in the day, and she asked me when I was going to get my reading certification. She implied that wants me to be the school's Title 1 teacher next year. She said I can't be unless I'm highly qualified.

"Don't they make any exceptions?" I said. " I'll be highly qualified within that school year, and I can take the test this summer, and I already teach reading anyway."

It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

That's what it was because I had to cancel my strength training session for today. "That's okay," Julie said. "I'll see you in a few days."

"In a few days", I thought, "I'm going to Australia."

On the way home I stopped my the bank and noticed there were police cars in front of the bank across the street. I figured there must have been a bank robbery and forgot about it until I got on the expressway and traffic wasn't moving at all. There was a car chase following the bank robbery and the car crashed and there was a shoot out and a police officer was shot and two suspects were caught but the third one was trying to escape on foot, and so the whole expressway was a crime scene and was closed right where I needed to be. It took me two hours to get home.

It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I tried to sign up for the June date for the reading test, but it's an extra $90.

I forgot to do a paper that's due tomorrow that I haven't even done the reading for.

I watched last night's episode of Gossip Girl where Blair and Chuck finally got together, but just got depressed because I can't imagine ever being that happy and in love.

The Cubs lost, I don't get to go to the Mormon Tabernacle choir concert in St. Louis, and I feel like I can't breathe.

It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I guess some days are like that.

Even in Australia.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like to pretend that I'm part of an action packed movie. -gloria
I heart, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"!!! I can quote the entire book. I teach first grade in Memphis City. Hope you enjoyed your time on Beale. I just happened upon your blog tonight, while battling with insomnia. Love it..."I'll be back"...(said in the voice of Arnold. hehehehehe)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…