Skip to main content

Too Much to Write

First of all, I just need to start of by saying that the Agnus Dei from Durufle's Requiem may be my favorite choral piece ever written. It is achingly beautiful.

Anyway, I haven't blogged in a week, and like, a million things have happened. Let's go through this chronologically:

Friday: I went to that meeting at the district office and learned that not only am I the Title I teacher, I'm also the RTI coach for my school. At least this will look good on a resume.

Saturday: Went for a bike ride with Carla along the lake. I rode in traffic and didn't die! It was a nice ride, and this time, when my chain fell off, we figured out how to get it back on (with my dad's help). Saturday night was a sleepover with my Small Group (Bible Study) girls! We gave Whitney a makeover and played Never Have I Ever and just enjoyed being with each other. I know I say it all the time, but I really love those girls.

Sunday: Picked up Ryan from the airport and went to Joe's Bar to watch the Steeler's and Bears games. I was at the bar from 3:00-11:00. Ridiculous. Nina and Adam joined us about halfway through that time, which was fun. I was pretty drunk when we left, through no fault of my own; every time I came back from the bathroom, there was another beer waiting for me. Apparently Ryan likes it when I am literally falling-down drunk, which I was. We went back to his place and I remember falling several times. Then, of course, there was making out, followed by a confusing conversation in which Ryan's only answer was, "I don't know." I am tired of him avoiding questions. I don't understand what's going on. While Ryan was in the bathroom at one point, Adam commented that he was excited for us, that we were finally dating. Apparently we looked like it. And Ryan told this really sweet story about how when we were at the Sixteen Candles show and I got attacked by a butterfly and he thought someone messed with me and was ready to fight.

Monday: Felt awful. Went to bed at 7:30.

Tuesday: Presented at our district's curriculum night. It was incredibly boring, but good experience for me.

Wednesday: Had practicum right after work. I was supposed to be observed at work, but my principal is out sick, which sucks because I really wanted her to see this week's lessons. Ryan and I went on a recon mission to find this place downtown where he has to take a certification test. Since he called it Recon in his email, I replied in spy talk, and we emailed like that all day. It was fun and silly. Then we had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, and I found myself questioning my feelings and thinking that maybe I am over him. I tend to have a pretty enthusiastic personality. What other people call bubbly, he calls gay. He gets annoyed when I act like that, and I just can't help it. So I feel myself trying to tone it down in front of him. Not fun. But he is really fun to be around, and for some reason, I still like him. So we'll keep hanging out. But I'm not going to think about us having a relationship anymore.

Thursday: Kids were awful today. Got up extra early to make peanut butter cookies for Pete. His grandma and dog died in the same week. Worked with my trainer after work and I've lost 5 pounds. Ryan and I were supposed to play tennis, but it rained. Had a tattoo crisis, but I think it's been averted. (I will share more details on that later.)

So I've been non-stop busy, but things are good. Tomorrow is I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell with Ryan, Saturday is shopping and cherry limeade and Miranda Lambert, Sunday is more football with Ryan. How are we not dating?

Oh, P.S., Ryan was going on and on about his love of pirate jokes last night and finally told me that I needed to put "Get Ryan a pirate joke book" on my to-do list. He wrote it on the top of my pizza box and harrassed me about it all night. He even sent a follow-up email this morning. Well, I found a pirate book on Amazon and had it shipped to him. He is going to love it. But I said to him, "Does this mean that if I really want something, all I have to do is bother you enough, and I'll get it?" And he said, "Probably."

So what should I ask for???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…