Skip to main content

Random Sunday Night Thoughts

My favorite meal lately is chips and salsa from Chipotle and a bowl of raspberries. If I have enough points left, I love pretzel M&M's for dessert.

I think this meal is even better when eaten on my couch, in my Tinkerbell pajamas, watching football.

I am really apathetic about the Superbowl this year. Obviously I'm not going to cheer for the Packers, but I associate the Steelers with Ryan.

When Ryan and I got in a fight about a year ago, he said he was thinking about showing up on my doorstep with a cherry limeade to make things better. I think this problem between us is bad enough now that that's what he'd need to do to fix it.

When I get married, I think I'm going to serenade my husband with "Can't Help Lovin Dat Man" at our reception.

Yesterday I bought Sleeping Beauty at Goodwill for a dollar. The tape didn't work. When I went to exchange it, they had no more copies of Sleeping Beauty left, which makes me sad because now I really want to watch that movie. Dumbo was on On Demand, but I think that's just about the most depressing movie ever. "Baby Mine" makes me cry. I sang it to Jacob when he was born.

When I was in Kapelle in college, we had several fun traditions we'd do on tour, including the breast parade and alto underwear night. I wonder if these traditions have been kept alive...

I really love living somewhere where I can go on such amazing day hikes. I ordered a pair of hiking shoes tonight. It's going to be hard to go back to Illinois.

I am now in Jeremiah, and it is not fun to read. Is that terrible of me to say? It is the Word of God, after all. There was something that really struck me last night, though. God was talking about how they were going to be conquered by the Babylonians, and the punishment was that they could never go home again. Then it basically went on to say that death would be better than that. And it just made me so sad, because I think that never being able to go home is just about the most painful thing I could imagine.

This made me think of the Lost Boys from Sudan. We watched the documentary God Grew Tired of Us in small group. It made us laugh and cry, and I think everyone in the world needs to see it. Now that things are changing in Sudan, I really really hope these boys/men can go home again.

Today in church our pastor thanked God that we live in Arizona at this time. With everything being so crazy, we have the opportunity to show love and peace to the world. I never thought of it that way before. I am now trying to concentrate on being "light" to the world, and although I'm sure I'll constantly fall short, I will try.

My birthday is in a month. I've decided that ice cream cake is a must.

I've hit a weight loss milestone. I'm in a whole new group of 10's. I'm 9 pounds away from my original goal (although I know I'll need to lose more). I'm feeling really good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…