Skip to main content

Brad Paisley Concert at Wrigley

Well, now I understand why Brad Paisley is famous.

It reminded me a lot of when I saw Keith Urban a few years ago.  I like their music, but I'm not crazy about it.  But when you see them live, you realize what gifted musicians they are.  And, besides that, Brad Paisley put on quite a show.  I think the best part was right before he sang "This is Country Music" (one of my favorites).  He was talking about country music, and then he just gave his guitar to some guy in the front row.  38,000 people's jaw's dropped at that moment.

There were a lot of Brad Paisley songs I liked before, but now I love them.  (Especially the song "Ticks," which has taken on a whole new meaning after my trip to the North Woods.)  I think this was my other favorite last night:

 I love this song, especially the video of Andy Griffith and Brad Paisley on the park bench.

Oh, and the final encore song was alcohol, which I think was my other favorite.  It was a good choice for the end of the concert, when everyone was trashed and in the mood to sing along.

My girl crush Miranda Lambert was on before Brad, and I will never get tired of her.  I kept yelling, "This is my song!!!" and Mike was like, "You say that at the beginning of every song."  But he couldn't talk too much since he did the same thing with Brad Paisley.  My favorite song to see her perform is "Gunpowder and Lead."  There is something deeply satisfying about belting that song.  Perhaps I still have just a little residual anger from a long ago relationship that's similar to the scenario in the song...
 

The best part of seeing Miranda was that Mike was NOT a Miranda Lambert fan before this concert.  He thought she was so annoying.  And then she started singing, and he was like, "Hey, she's really hot.  And she's got a pretty good voice."  And then I kept telling him awesome things about her, like how she brings guns on her tour bus and actually has her own house down the street from her husband for when he pisses her off, and I think Mike started to love her like I do.

Chris Young performed before Miranda.  During his show, I kept saying, "Oh, I didn't know he sang this song!"  Also, I did not realize how hot he is and how sexy his voice is.

This song made me sigh wistfully and comment to Mike that no one does romance like country music.



This lead to a conversation about country music values, and how, when Mike was a kid, his dad would play country songs for him and say, "Listen to this."  My parents are not country fans (in fact, my dad always says that if a guy is wearing a cowboy hat, he's probably an a-hole), but the values are still the same.  Actually, I still remember the first time I heard this song on the radio, and it made me pause and evaluate the life choices I was making.  I realized I wasn't living according to the values I'd been taught and needed to make some changes.  And that is just one more reason why country music is awesome.



The first band we saw was The Band Perry.  I like their music, but they were just okay live.  The girl in that band does have a really great voice.  And I think the song "All Your Life" is just terribly romantic.  I love the lyrics and the banjo in that song.  I was excited to see them live, and I'm definitely going to get some more of their music.



We missed Jarrod Nieman, the first performer.  But overall, it was a really fantastic concert.  So glad we went.

Comments

Linz said…
Sounds fabulous! Happy summer!
Linz said…
Sounds fabulous! Happy summer!
Brad is good..saw him at SC of course. I love his OLD stuff...his new corny lyrics just rub me wrong and have to change the channel when it comes on. tickets are cheaper than others.. This seems to be with many artists these days...such as Toby, Garth etc...new sucks...OLD kicks arse.
Brad Paisley said…
Great songs but a more beautiful messages. There were a lot of Brad Paisley songs I liked before, but now I love them.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…