Skip to main content

What a douche

So I've been trying to do the whole dating thing more.  You know, because I feel like I should.

There is one guy who seems promising.  He's a special ed. teacher in CPS.  Works with BD kids at a high school- hardcore.  Went to ASU, so shares my love of Phoenix.  However, I'm just not feeling it with him.  There's nothing wrong with him... I'm just kind of bored; I'm not excited about him.  But I'm going to give him a chance, because my friends are always lecturing me about this.  We'll see how tomorrow night's date goes.

Friday night I had an AWFUL date.  This guy was a total snob.  Good for you that you own all these businesses.. I don't care how much money you have.  He just had this attitude of entitlement and was really condescending to me.  We went to one of my favorite neighborhood bars, and he insisted on walking me home because he was appalled that I would walk alone in my neighborhood at night.  (Yes, I know, I need to stop doing this.  I go for runs at night a lot, too.  But that's my favorite time to be out...)  So he's walking me home, and he's like, "I can't decide if you're really brave, or just really..."

"Stupid?"  I asked.

"Well, I'd choose a different word..."  And then goes on to tell me about some HBO series about the Latin Kings in my neighborhood.  Which I later looked up, and it was one documentary made four years ago.  Just shows that he is definitely new to the city, because a lot can change in four years here.

So then he comes up to my apartment and asks how much I'm paying, and then says that's way too much.  And now I'm all self-conscious about my place, which I know isn't *that* nice, and really needs to be decorated more.  There are always just other things I'd rather spend my money on.  But last night I went out and spent money on stuff to decorate with because I was so embarrassed.  And, to be fair, my first thought when I walked in after being gone for two months was, "Wow, this place looks so empty."  But still... what a douche.

Oh, and we were talking about road trips, and he was sharing a story about how his car broke down in Nebraska, and it was going to take a few days for the part to get there, so he just bought a Lexus and drove that home.  So I told him about when Jason's car broke down on the road to Blue John and we literally slept on the side of the road, and we were stuck in Green River for several days where we drank with Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation and played in a geyser and camped in a canyon on the Green River, which Jason bathed in but I refused and went to a truck stop instead.  And he didn't really know how to react to that.  

I don't think he was really listening to what I was saying anyway, though; I think he just wanted to get laid.  Which he didn't.  Can I just say how tired I am of this scenario?  I know this is probably typical, but I'm so sick of it.

Anyway, the one bright side of this is that today I am so sick.  Like, sore throat, fever, and every part of my body hurts.  And the guy texted me a little while ago, and I told him I was sick, and he said he was starting to not feel well, too.  Haha.

I hope his hair hurts, too.

Comments

Whitney said…
Wow, that sounds like a really unfortunate evening, to say the least! That guy sounds utterly clueless about how little he had to offer, especially considering he still seemed to think he was worth sleeping with at the end of it...

I know you love excitement and romance, but sometimes those aren't the first things to happen in a relationship...so I'm glad you're giving it a chance with the other guy! Look forward to hearing how it goes...hopefully that will be a happier blog post. :)
Fab Free Fun said…
At least you have a new friend

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…