Skip to main content

A New Mission

Nina and I are on a new mission to meet boys. Before, we would just complain about how hard it is to meet someone, but not really do anything about it. Well, except the speed dating, which actually was somewhat successful for Nina. So we're doing it again next week. But we have made a list of other options as well, and we are going to try at least one a week. Honestly, I don't think we'll be all that successful, because I think when you're looking for a boy, you're not going to find one. But I think our mission will be fun, so I'm willing to try.

1. Speed dating

2. Matchmaker (Nina and I are going to pool our resources and send her to a matchmaker. Because first of all, I think she is more likely than me to find a good match. And second of all, I'm at the point where I don't think I even want to get married. I really can't picture myself feeling that way about someone AND having him feel the same way about me. I just don't think it's going to happen.)

3. Happy Hour (We are going to ask some of our friends who work downtown to recommend bars that people go to after work.)

4. Home Depot (We are going to wander around and ask cute boys for help.)

5. Classes (We are going to take a class that is likely to have lots of guys in it.)

6. Phone book (We found this idea on the internet and thought it was hilarious. It said to use the Yellow Pages and look up a guy who has a profession you're interested in, then call him and ask if he'll meet you for coffee to do an interview for school or work or something. This could work with my teaching; I could look up guys who could come and talk in my classroom.)

7. Playing pool

8. University of Chicago (We figure we would hang out at the library or a coffee shop and do homework on a regular basis.)

9. Become regulars at a bar

10. Borrow someone's dog and take it for walks

Like I said, I really don't see myself getting married and living happily ever after, but the process of trying to meet people will be fun. And maybe Nina will meet someone; I signed her up on the matchmaking website tonight, so they should be calling her tomorrow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Damn...I wish I lived closer to you...I would SO join in! lol Yeah...all of my close friends are taken and I don't have any "single" girls here to go on a mission like this with me. So sad! But like you said...HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…