Skip to main content

Spy Bar vs. Sound Bar

Seriously, what are the chances that there would be two bars down alleys on the same block, right across the street from each other? My friends were all at Spy Bar. I wasn't excited about meeting them in the first place because I knew it would be a hassle to get there and I'd have to pay cover. But it was Rachel's birthday, and since she is my female soulmate, I'd do just about anything for her. So I drove by this bar that I thought was the one I was supposed to be at. I thought this because it was on the right block, down an alley, and there was a line and bouncers and everything. I paid a $20 cover to get in, and Nina texted me and said they were right in front of the dj. They totally were not. So I'm looking and looking and starting to get panicky because I have anxiety issues anyway, and being all alone in a crowded, super trendy bar was about to put me over the edge. And I'm feeling bad because I know I'm ruining Nina's fun because I'm texting her so much, but I was so scared and I didn't know what to do! Finally, Nina made me ask someone what bar I was at, and the guy said Sound Bar. There were no signs that said Sound Bar, and it looked exactly like the pictures I saw on Spy Bar's website when I went online to get directions. I went outside and looked across the street, and sure enough, there was a small sign that said Spy Bar. I felt like the biggest idiot. I've never been so happy to see Nina. Nina is my favorite person to go to bars with. She is silly and fun and loves to dance and grabs you by the arm and drags you away from guys you're making out with (which I guess isn't always a good thing). If some guy tries to come dance with you, Nina doesn't hesitate to tell him to go away. Everybody should have a Nina in their life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…