Skip to main content

Football

Fantasy Football has changed my life.

It sounds ridiculous, I know. But it's true.

I've learned so much about the game and players; I can hold my own in a conversation with the guys.

At work, I always know what they're talking about on Mondays.

When I meet guys, they think it's so hot that I can talk football. Last week I was watching over at my friend's house with her husband and his friends. They loved the fact that I kept checking my points on my phone. At one point, one of the guys started singing the Dayman song from Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and I jumped in with the little "Ah ah" high part, and they looked at me in awe. They were like, "You're the perfect girl."

Today I was supposed to meet a guy at Dave and Busters in Tempe to watch football. I went straight from church, so I was early. When he texted and cancelled, I decided to stay and at least watch the rest of the Bears game. I pulled out my phone to check my points, and realized I forgot to switch my defense- I had the Redskins playing, but it's their Bye! I frantically tried to change it, but my phone wasn't letting me. I called Whitney and told her I was about to have a nervous breakdown, and asked for help. Luckily, she was by her computer and watching football just like I'd hoped, so she made the switch for me. Thank God. Anyway, the guy next to me apologized for eavesdropping, but said that phone call was the coolest thing ever and he was going to talk about it on his radio show the next day. Turns out he and his wife were visiting from Indianapolis. He runs the Baseball Daily Digest radio show and website and was in town for a conference. He knows so many sports people! I got to hear some really cool stories. His wife and I became fast friends, too. So I ended up staying for the Eagles/Colts game (Michael Vick is my quarterback), and the three of us hung out for over 5 hours. It's funny- when you move, it makes you really happy to talk to people from home. Even if they're strangers, they feel familiar. (The guy, Joel, had grown up in Calumet City and worked in Naperville.) I had such a great time, and it was all because of Fantasy Football.

Besides all this, I just think Fantasy is so much fun. When the Bears suck, it's not the end of the world because I still have my Fantasy team. I'm invested in so many games now; I love going to bars and watching like, 5 games at once. I just want to keep learning more about the sport. What I'd really like to do is watch with someone who can break down all the plays for me and explain everything more in-depth. I'm totally addicted.

And in case my friends don't get the Always Sunny reference I made earlier, here is an audio clip of the Day Man song. It's from the episode "Sweet Dee is Dating a Retarded Person."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…