Skip to main content

Ugh

Can I just take a minute to whine and complain?

Things That Are Pissing Me Off Today

1. Got to school this morning and was greeted with the news that a coworker was saying rude things about me and another teacher in front of students. It's a long story and it's something really stupid, but my friend (the other teacher) was really pissed and sent her this email that basically says "say it to my face." It was a somewhat confrontational email and my name was mentioned, so now I'm unwillingly being drawn into this drama. What makes it worse is that this teacher I don't like is (inappropriately) close to the principal, so I'm sure he's hearing all about. Maybe being texted about it at 2 a.m. Cuz you know, apparently that happens regularly between those two.

2. We have a new student with the ED label who shouldn't even be at our school because none of us are legally trained to take him down when he gets out of control. He called the Special Ed teacher a black bitch today, so I'm sure things will escalate quickly. Luckily, I have him first hour, when he's too tired to do much.

3. I got news that really annoyed me at our department meeting this morning about how we have to be giving at least one common formative assessment each week. They might as well just write our lesson plans for us; they're taking away all of our autonomy.

4. I have new downstairs neighbors, and they're heavy smokers. My apartment smells like an ashtray. I was so excited about the cooler weather because I could have my windows open, but not anymore. This is the thing that may put me over the edge today. Yes, I enjoy the occasional cigarette. Occasional is the key word. And I don't want them anywhere near my home.

5. There was no new episode of Glee on tonight.

6. I started a new grad class and it's going to be a pain in the ass.

7. I found out I was counting points wrong for peanut butter, so that's why I haven't been losing much weight lately. I have to stop eating my favorite food.

8. I'm tired of being broke.

9. My allergies are out of control because it's the desert. So it's dusty. I'm sure the secondhand smoke isn't helping either. And Zyrtec-D is really expensive.




Comments

Katie said…
Neighbors suck. My upstairs neighbors sound like rhinos. I don't know what they're doing up there, but its loud.

Well, sometimes I know what they're doing like when they have loud sex at 2am in the room above mine and pee off their balcony. >:(

Maybe you should try getting a prescription for allergy medicine. I know Mike takes Allegra-D which is pretty much Zyrtec-D and you could probably get it generic for cheaper? :\

And finally, boo to Glee. I was upset too!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…