Skip to main content

What I Want

I haven't thought too much about getting married and stuff lately. There are too many other things going on. But last Sunday, Haley and her husband invited me over to watch football. They wanted to introduce me to a friend of theirs (who was actually really cool, so we'll see where that goes). But hanging out at Haley's, I looked around and realized she has exactly what I want.

They live in a cute house. They go to church on Sunday mornings, then all his buddies come over for football for the rest of the day. There is lots of drinking and yelling as they run back and forth between tv's, trying not to miss anything. Their adorable 3 year-old son was running around pretending to kill people with his sword, which, of course, the guys were more than happy to play along with. They were also teaching him about football in between the killings. Haley was watching the game from the kitchen where she was baking pumpkin bread, which made the house smell delicious. It was just one of those moments where I thought, "This is what I want."

Being married can be fun, not like so many other couples I know seem to portray it. You can set your own rules; you can be whatever kind of couple you want. I want my Sundays to be like that- having a house full of friends watching football, baking and playing hostess. I mentioned this to Haley, and she is pretty confident she can make this happen for me. After all, she did hook up Rachel and Mico. I don't know if I want that here in Phoenix, but this is the first time in a long time I knew exactly what I wanted in the next 10 years.

Comments

Fab Free Fun said…
That is great! Keep hanging out with her! That life sounds tiresome, but fun:)
Katie said…
I'll always come over for football! :) I loooove it.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…