Skip to main content

Bend

Sunday morning found me at a park in Bend, waiting for the breweries to open. I realize this makes me sound like a lush, but Bend has the highest number of breweries per capita in the U.S. When in Rome, right? 

My first stop was Worthy Brewing, where I enjoyed a delicious and potent saison. I then had to wait in the parking lot for a while before I could drive. Next was a place called Cascade Lakes, which wasn't my favorite. The last stop of the day was Bend Brewing, which was great. And the best part was meeting up with my friend Lisa and her husband!

Lisa is one of the coolest people I know. Several years ago, she realized she could do her job as a computer programmer from just about anywhere, so she bought a big creepy van (Vanifest) and took off to have adventures. She knew that, if she was ever to marry, she'd want someone who was both financially responsible and willing to live in a van. Pretty unlikely. But just when she resigned herself to being alone, she met Brian, who is also a computer programmer and was living in his pop up. They married and now split their time between a super cool van and a boat off the coast of Mexico. Next year they are sailing to the South Pacific! She blogs and I love reading about her adventures. 

http://www.vanvagabond.com

It was so nice to hang out with Lisa and have some much needed girl talk. We talked for hours about boys and canyoneering. I can't believe how fabulous this summer has been already; the perfect mix of alone time and time with friends, especially friends I rarely see. There is no guy in my life causing drama, or that I'm trying to get over, so I'm just relaxed and having fun. There is a  boy I have a little crush on, but I'm mostly sure he's not interested in me, because he's so hot that I can't form a coherent sentence around him. For example, we were talking about camping once and I started rambling about using my flat iron in my car. I went on and on. And even as the words were coming out of my mouth, I was thinking, "Why are you still talking right now?" So he probably thinks I'm an idiot.  Also, there's a chance he thinks I'm into kinky pony sex. Which I'm not. So that's a problem. 

So yeah, the point is, no boys to distract me, even though I wish one of them would. I am now heading to Crater Lake and northern CA to get all of the stamps , then up the Oregon coast to PAULA!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…