Skip to main content

Fairy Falls and Old Faithful

I began my day with a five mile hike to Fairy Falls. I was on the trail by 7:30, which was great because I was mostly alone. The hike begins with a walk around this basin full of crazy stuff. (I forget all the technical names.) It looks like people have little campfires going everywhere.

Something that made me laugh at Yellowstone were all the signs warning you about the dangers of going off trail. I want to answer those signs and be like, "Hey! You don't have to tell me twice!" This place looks like your typical idyllic mountain scene, then out of nowhere, there is steam coming out of the ground, or a bubbling mud pot, or a geyser. It actually seems kind of absurd. I would be scared to step anywhere off trail! In fact, I see so many people out fishing, and I'd even be scared to do that! Because all of that weird mineral water is flowing into the water not far from where they're fishing!

Fairy Falls was very pretty. My next stop was Old Faithful, which was a whole ten minutes late. Um, excuse me, Mother Nature, but tardiness is unacceptable. Get your stuff together!

I then headed south through Grand Teton. The peaks were covered with snow, and they looked absolutely wicked. I wonder what's involved in climbing them...

I then made my way through Idaho Falls (Cafe Rio! Woohoo!) and am camping at Craters of the Moon National Monument tonight. I am not worried about the cold tonight (and last night wasn't even that bad!), but I am concerned about my distance to the bathroom. It's far. No way am I walking all the way down there to pee in the middle of the night. This is usually my policy, but the problem with this campsite is that it's very exposed; there are no bushes to pee behind, and I'm pretty close to other campers. They just might get a little show...













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…