Skip to main content

Leprechaun and Hite

The day started off with us playing in the Irish canyons. The clouds already looked bad, and it had rained the night before. So, we started at the bottom and hiked up the middle and east forks of Leprechaun as far as we could go. It was so fun to just play without all kinds of equipment and practice skills like stemming. There was one spot that gave me trouble (I stood on Kristin's shoulders, and I swear Jason pulled up my entire body weight). "Light as a feather," he said. Yeah right.  He's such a sweetheart.



Jason showed us the spot in Middle Lep that even freaked him out- a mile and a half of sustained stemming. It was so tight, Kristin and I couldn't even get into position to try it. I don't know how Jason did it! After playing for a while, we headed to Hite, a boat launch/beach on the Colorado River. We mostly had the beach to ourselves, and things got a little out of control with the mud. (There is a video on Facebook that I need to get from Jason so I can post it here.)  I love how Kristin claims to not have hit me in the face, and yet there is mud all over my face. And Jason's comment about "further acts of aggression will be met with further more acts of aggression..." We are so silly. Jason commented that it was probably the dirtiest I've ever been in my life. Not true, and I don't like the idea of being thought of as that prissy. I still get dirty in the canyons, right? And it doesn't bother me.




Anyway, Jason and Kristin set up a makeshift tent in between our cars in preparation for the storm (that never really came), and we watched American Psycho. Brilliant movie. I definitely stepped outside my movie comfort zone on this trip.

Comments

Kristin said…
Yep, that was an epic mud fight! It kind of is reminding me of the cake fight in The Great Race.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Love Bust Magazine (and you should, too)

Since I am finally done with Practicum I and only have one project left to finish for my Reading and Language Theory class, I decided to spend the evening relaxing with the latest issue of my favorite magazine, Bust . In this issue, I read about: Fat women on reality shows A new version of roller derby called Derby Lite A global O that will be occurring on December 21-22 Recipes for finger foods to serve at holiday parties How to make your own yarn Asheville, NC (now I want to move there even more...) Amy Poehler's views on feminism Divorce ranches in Nevada from the 1930's through the 1960's (it used to be really hard to get a divorce, and Nevada had laws that made it super easy) Homemade Christmas gift ideas A guide to "handling some of life's major milestones- marriage, childbirth, and death- with a DIY frame of mind" The monthly "One-handed read" column And of course, there are the fashion and beauty sections. Also, book, movie, and music revie

I got a little out of control...

I started my end of the year celebration a day early with margaritas at Lalo's. Unfortunately, since I don't drink very often, they affected me pretty quickly. I knocked my fork onto the sidewalk. Nancy (with her 80's hair) pretended not to know me. Nina gave me this look. Good times, good times. 40 more minutes of school, and then I am FREE!!!!!

Fall!

Okay, I’ll admit it.  I’m excited for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Things I’m looking forward to: Sweaters and hoodies Cinnamon candles  Leaves crunching under your feet Carving pumpkins and toasting the seeds (that I will give as gifts because I don’t actually like them) Going to the apple orchard with my mom… apple donuts and apple ciders slushees… Scary movies Watching my Charlie Brown DVDs Starting school!  I swear, September always flies by in an adrenaline-filled haze… The smell of burning leaves Football!!! Making apple pie (that will most likely be given as a gift because I’ll be dieting) Fall crafts (I think this year I want to attempt a wreath) Hot apple cider My one and only complaint about fall is that it means winter is coming…